Call for Papers
The Second International Conference on Information Systems and Software Technologies (ICI2ST 2020) is organized by the Faculty of Systems Engineering of the National Polytechnic School of Ecuador. This year's event will be held on November 17-19, 2020. This conference aims to bring together researchers, speakers and industry practitioners from around the world who are developing cutting-edge research related to all aspects of Information Systems, Software Technologies, and Applied Computing.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the health emergency caused by the widespread infections of COVID-19, the organizing committee has decided to run the conference as a series of online events. Further details will be announced shortly.
Paper submissions are invited for ICI2ST 2020 which include, but are not limited to the following topics:
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Applied Computing
- Security and Privacy
- Computer Science
ICI2ST 2020 accepts submissions of original, unpublished full research papers and research-in-progress papers; both being of remarkable research quality. Authors are required to carefully follow these guideines, otherwise their papers will be automatically rejected:
- ICI2ST is against plagiarism and double submission. Therefore, submitted papers that have been already published, or substantially overlap with papers that have been simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings will be automatically rejected, and authors will be banned for life to submit to ICI2ST. More information about plagiarism and double submission can be found here:
IEEE Web Page on Plagiarism
IEEE Web Page on Double Submission
- All papers must be 6 to 8-page-long (including references and appendices), written entirely in English using the IEEE Conference format, and be submitted in PDF format only. Papers that are not IEEE-format compliant and/or exceed the page number will be rejected.
- Download the IEEE MS Word Template here. Should you want to use LaTex to edit your paper, please use the latest IEEE format available for downloading here. Please, bear in mind that if you use MS Word to edit your paper, it must be converted to PDF before submitting.
- Articles must contain Title, Abstract and Keywords. ICI2ST follows a double-blind peer-reviewing procedure, which means that author identities and affiliations are not disclosed to reviewers. Authors are encouraged to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To assist with this process, the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Anonymize the title page. I.e., remove the identification, email, and affiliation of the authors.
- Anonymize self-citations found in the text. Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: "[Anonymous, 2007]".
- Avoid mentioning funding sources/sponsors, and using personal acknowledgements.
- Avoid using statements that may identify an author.
- Do not include author's names when naming your files.
- Remove any references to authors or sponsors in the file metadata.
- All papers must be submitted electronically through EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ici2st0
- Only after being accepted, and before the camera-ready submission, authors will be allowed to de-anonymize their papers.
- To be included in the proceedings, an accepted paper must be presented (online) at the conference by only one registered author. Registration fees will be announced later.
Criteria of acceptance
- Papers will be assessed based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation by at least 2 reviewers.
- A grammatically correct use of the English language is required. Authors are encouraged to double-check for mispelled words and inaccuracies before submitting. This also includes tables and figures which must also be described in English.
- Current and relevant references are required to be used in citations. Published work must be cited straight from the publisher's site, so over-using unofficial repositories such as ResearchGate should be avoided.
- Survey papers may be acceptable when data/concepts are critically discussed, and the authors explicitly devise a new approach to develop further work within the topic.
- Results must be concise; experiments, statistics, and other analyses must shown rigurosity. In-depth detail is a must when describing the technical methods and approaches.
- Conclusions must show relevancy within the field of study, and ought to be supported by the data analysed through the presented experiements.
Publication of Papers
Accepted papers will be sent for consideration for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and SCOPUS.
Past conference proceedings can be accessed via IEEE Xplore Digital Library at: